Psychological Evaluations, Testing, and Assessments
Psychological testing and assessments are tailored to the referral question and preferences/needs of the individual being evaluated. Typically, a psychological evaluation involves a 1-2 hour diagnostic interview, paper-and-pencil or computer-administered testing, and a follow-up meeting for an explanation of findings. Record-review and gathering of collateral information are also part of the process.
Psychological evaluations are typically requested for a variety of purposes:
- Identify whether or not mental health issues are present
- Clarify mental health diagnosis
- Inform treatment recommendations
- Estimate future safety levels and symptom trajectory
Reports of findings and recommendations are provided in a timely, concise, and understandable manner.
We do NOT do the following types of assessments:
- Chemical Dependency
- Custody Evaluations
- Domestic Violence Evaluations
For more information, please contact us.